Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tombstone, Arizona. Two nights. Two days. Our first day we walked from the RV park to town. They close off one long street there, and cover the pavement partially with dirt. Boardwalk sidewalks, covered. I liked thumping along in the shade in front of stores and historic buildings, then crossing the street without looking. A good thing because of the sun drowning out everything. I found my hat in my sock drawer at just the right time. We saw stagecoaches. Lots of China-made southwestern objects. Gunfights in the making. Ice cream and fudge shops—not tempting. But I felt peace in the OK Coral town. Surrounded by rolling desert.


Tombstone, Arizona. Just a few images made it into my camera.
This RV park near the highway. The McDonald's billboard
across the road, alone of its kind in the desert.


Still-life. Andre's Western persona: the leg-warmer to help with his
elbow irritation. And the hat. We celebrated his birthday in
Tombstone in a small way.

Yup. He had steak for lunch in the Longhorn Restaurant. Luckily, it was tender.


I am attracted to deserted picnic tables. Especially ones like this. An arrangement
of stones by an anonymous artist... Dramatically enhanced by the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home