Monday, July 04, 2005

Morning. Rain. Even the sound of birdsong. The worst that has happened to me today is just now losing the post I had created and was ready to publish. Breakfast here is at 8am and it is 7:12, so I have to hurry. The strip across the bottoom of the tv said storms rolled through northeastern Oklahoma last night...500 PSO customers without power...no injuries have been reported...

After breakfast we head north. My disappeared post quoted a line from one of Margaret's poems, and then I recommended www.margaretrobison.com for beautiful and moving poetry and prose. I still do. And I guess I'll quote this line as I remember it and as I would quote it back to her, as I often do, if I could see her today: There's mist on the mountain. Rain all day... My apologies for any misquotes.

Chicken Little is off-duty until further notice. Happy Independence Day to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home